What is Risycor?
- Risycor monitors preventively detects corrosion in heating and/or cooling systems.
- The monitors have a logger that records the corrosion rate over time and warns in case of inadmissible values.
- The memory of the logger can be read out via our free software, which makes it possible to analyse the collected data.
Where do I use Risycor?
Opt for a degree of protection commensurate with the size of the system and the risk of oxygen entry.
- Golden rule: One Risycor is better than none.
- The larger the system, the more essential it becomes to monitor corrosion at various places in the system.
- The placing of the Risycor(s) ideally takes place in those circuits of the installation where there is a likelihood of oxygen entry. These circuits have a significantly higher risk of corrosion.
This concept can be easily grasped by making a short analogy with the placement of smoke detectors in the context of fire safety. Clearly, one smoke detector is always better than installing none. Granted, one smoke detector will not suffice for, let's say, a large campus; Many rooms could burn to the ground before that one detector goes off. So, it is clear that the size of the facility is a factor that will determine how many smoke detectors you will install. A large house will surely need more sensors than a small one. Moreover, one should always ensure there are smoke detectors in areas with increased fire risk (such as kitchens). These factors, size and risk factor, matter for corrosion monitoring as well and allow us to estimate the number of Risycors to be installed.
For further information, please refer to the Application Guideline.